Newegg Marketplace. They’ve been around the electronics market for a few years, but now the Newegg marketplace is expanding. Are you in? Find out more from the Helium10 crew. I’m just guessing when I write this, but I have a pretty good idea that more than a few of the titans that rule the tech industry and e-commerce have spent time at some point in their lives, pouring through the Newegg catalog. Whether it’s video games or parts for a home-built computer, Newegg has over the years been front and center for those interested in computing and technology.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Brand Evangelist, Bradley Sutton welcomes Daniel and Gregg from Newegg. They’re here to talk about how the company has evolved to become an interesting new sales channel for e-commerce sellers.
Founded in 2001 as a retailer of electronics, computer parts, and gaming products, Newegg Marketplace has now expanded its offerings to include health and beauty, automotive, apparel, and more.
For those looking for another potential off-Amazon sales channel, this one is for you.
In episode 186 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley, Daniel and Gregg discuss:
- 02:15 – Daniel’s Origin Story
- 04:30 – Gregg’s Origin Story
- 08:00 – How Did Newegg Get Started?
- 12:20 – Keeping a Level Playing Field for Sellers
- 14:20 – Is There a Newegg “FBA?”
- 16:40 – Newegg Offers Tech-Centric Brands and Sellers a Ready Market
- 18:30 – Human Contact is Part of Newegg’s Culture
- 21:00 – Because of COVID, Home Office Products are Booming
- 24:15 – What are the Big Areas of Potential Growth?
- 28:00 – Newegg Algorithm 101
- 29:55 – Organic Search Results Have More Space on Newegg
- 33:30 – Newegg’s Listing Optimization Mirrors Amazon
- 35:15 – Product Managers Assist with Metrics
- 37:30 – How to Set Up a Newegg Account
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
Bradley Sutton: You might’ve thought of Newegg marketplace only for electronics. But no longer. They’re branching out to tons of categories and are now a viable opportunity for Amazon sellers to sell their products. They even have their own version of FBA. How cool is that? Pretty cool