Here’s the latest updates on eBay Seller Central, Promited Listings and much more. eBay announced the Fall Seller Update on September 9th, and some eBay sellers were surprised to receive a call from eBay about it. Reps were calling to ask whether sellers were aware of the new seller update and whether they had any questions or opinions.
There are some changes sellers should pay particular attention to: changes to Seller Protection; a new Time Away feature that replaces vacation settings; and the anonymization of both buyer and seller email addresses.
It’s also worth taking a look at changes to the eBay Seller Hub and the Promoted Listing advertising program.
A number of the changes eBay announced on September 9th had been previously rolled out or been announced – not exactly how Seller Updates are supposed to work – including the following:
- Returns mandate for sellers enrolled in Managed Payments (link);
- Required Item Specifics in additional categories (link);
- Anonymization of email addresses (link);
- Availability of UPS Shipping Labels (link);
- More free listings (link);
- Reduced commissions (Final Value fees) for luxury watches (link).
One recent change eBay made that was not included in the Fall Update – the addition